Tuesday, August 16, 2011

School year 2011-2012

A new school year has started!  Yes, freakishly early, as always.  It's bittersweet.  I miss Sierra and Laurel when they have such long days at school, but Cadence is a completely different child when they are around.  She's louder, more demanding, and completely revved up - all the time.  So, I am looking forward to a quieter house and child for a little while.  We have been blessed again this year with wonderful teachers and I am so excited to see the girls grow and learn.  I'm trying to ignore the fact that Sierra is only 2 years away from middle school...  because that idea kind of makes me want to puke!

The first time Sierra's chosen to wear a skort to school in about 3 years!

"What?!  I'm not going with them?!"



While the big girls are away... the little one sits.  And sits.  And sits!  Cadence has been showing signs of being ready for potty training for months and I've been ignoring them.  Too much work, time and effort involved for me to wrap my head around.  But, I'm afraid I might miss my window so we'll give it a shot!


We potty trained her doll!




She's very good at multi tasking!


Since I'm up at the crack of dawn I'm trying to get back into my yoga practice.  The sun is just up, the air has been perfect, the sky is gorgeous, and there seems no better place to be than on my back deck saluting the sun.  Everything feels better when I manage to do this on a regular basis, both physically and mentally, so I'm hoping that I can maintain it.  I have about 200 projects planned for C's naptime, one of which includes playing with my camera and new lens.  I know that I am not using my camera to it's max capacity, and one day I'll take a class.... but for now, I'll just play!



Tree pose with morning sunlight


I've got lots of perfect evening sunlight to play with!

No comments:

Post a Comment