Monday, November 5, 2012

Cadence-isms

Just a couple of my favorite Cadence-isms from recent days:

Brad:  Cadence, tell Mommy what you did when you road on the   tractor with me.
Cadence:  I did... something.
Me:  And?
Cadence:  I did... something else.
Me:  And?
Cadence:  I did... something more.

As Brad said "Why?" exasperatedly to Cadence continuing to pull on the door she said simply "Because".

In conversation with Sierra and Laurel recently Cadence threw out "whatever" with the perfect teenage combination of sarcasm and disregard.  Sierra said it wasn't fair that I laughed when Cadence said it but that Sierra got in trouble!

Cadence pronounces "tomorrow" as "a-marrow".  I don't know why but I love this so!

Lastly, not something she said but something that she did.  I had worked a couple of days in a row and one morning she woke up with the sitter and just wanted Mommy and Daddy.  When I got home a little later she wouldn't let me go to bed, insisting that she wanted to go with me.  I told her that she could come but that I had to sleep and if she was there she needed to be calm and quiet.  Cadence laid there with me for 3 1/2 hours.  Calmly and quietly.  She said she slept a little bit but everytime I opened my eyes she was just looking at me.  Cadence.  Three and half hours.  Calm and quiet!  I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes!  My heart melts.



No comments:

Post a Comment