Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hugs

For four days Brad worked tirelessly at another attempt to grow grass for us.  He envisions the girls running barefoot out front as they play.  He worked REALLY hard.  The grass seed over a couple of acres was laid Monday.  Then we hoped for a little rain so it would germinate.  

On Tuesday it rained.  And rained and rained and rained.  Brad and Cadence watched the ground as it turned into a pool of mud creating rivulets of grass seed washing away.  I knew that they were doing this as I slept and that it would not be a good day for Brad. 

After waking Tuesday afternoon I got Cadence up from her nap. 
I asked her "Did Daddy talk about the grass seed all day?" 
She answered "Yes.  It wash away." 
"Is Daddy sad?"
"Yes" she said "You need to give him hug."

If there is one thing my girl and I know about, it's how to give good hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment