Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I'm not ready

It was 64 degrees this morning.  That is jacket wearing weather to me.  And I am so not ready for it.  I have always been a summer time girl.  I relished the long hot days that lasted forever when I lived in Atlanta, GA.  Flip flops stayed on my feet until the first snow (which came way too early in Ohio!).  The last few years though, I've come to enjoy the hibernation period of the cold months.  After spending months outside at the pool for swim season, hunkering down in the house by the fire with a cup of hot chocolate has been something that I actually look forward to.  But not yet.  I'm so not ready.  I am definitely not ready for what I saw at Sam's club last week.  The day after school started I walked by this:


Are you kidding me?!

It seemed that on July 5th this was in the grocery store:


And while I love me some harvest beer and pumpkin lattes, I'm just not ready for it yet.  I do get a little more excited to think about wearing my favorite jeans with these soon:


I said a little.  What I really want is a couple more months to bring in fresh picked flowers and admire them on my kitchen table.   I want to feel refreshed as I jump into the pool on a day that otherwise makes me feel that I might melt.  I want to hear the girls scream and play while they swim.  I'd even take one or two more six hour swim meets (I haven't even gotten those pictures up yet, for crying out loud!) just to extend my summer a little longer.  I want to concoct another frozen summer beverage to enjoy after playing with the kids outside.  I'm not ready to put my flip flops away yet.  Do you think if I throw a Cadence worthy tantrum that mother nature might listen?!




No comments:

Post a Comment