Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July 4th, 2012

The Fourth of July was a wonderful celebration this year!  We started the morning at the beach with some yummy drinks and good company.  Since I have a sand aversion we rarely make it to the beach, so it was a special treat for the kids. They even opted to skip the pool games to stay and play at the beach!

We then had friends out to our house to swim since the only way to survive the weather was to be wet!  After that we all napped.  I was quite bummed to be scheduled to work, but it's been many years since I've had to work a July 4th night shift. My parents then joined us at the Hennings for dinner and on the way over I got the text that I was on-call for the night. Yayhoo!  We were able to have a leisurely dinner together then headed to an old friends' house to watch the lake fireworks.  Cadence needed her ears covered until she took her shirt off then randomly decided that she was okay with noise.  I know - I have no idea how that translated either!

Any holiday that let's us get together and celebrate with family and friends is a wonderful one to me!


Guess which cookie pizza Cadence decorated all by herself?!

Pool time!

Silly Maddie

 Our patriotic children... except Will.  Yes, he has the England flag on his shirt.  On the 4th of July.  You know, the day that we celebrate our independence from them?!  Yeah!  ;-)


Too loud!

I love sparklers!

No comments:

Post a Comment