Wednesday, April 25, 2012


I had one of those breath taking moments the other day.  We were leaving my parents house and Cadence was into her usual routine of walking a few steps, turning around, yelling "Bye-bye!" and repeating it all over.  Yes, the routine that takes us 5 minutes to get into the car once we walk out of their door.  And I as I watched her I felt in awe.  How in the world did we get so lucky?  All of the stars aligned and prayers were answered and someone sitting behind a desk matched her profile to ours.  How did we get so blessed to have this child brought into our lives?  My heart skipped a beat and I felt so deeply, at that moment, what a lucky, lucky woman I am.  On top of having two amazing children and a wonderful husband, Cadence was brought to our family.  I often feel a deep sense of gratitude for all that I have, but there are these moments that take my breath away and words feel inadequate to describe the depth of that emotion.






                                 "Children are the hands by which we take hold of heaven."


No comments:

Post a Comment