Monday, October 24, 2011

Warrior Dash 2011

Besides being an amazing friends,  Lisa is my go-to girl for adventure!  Pretty much anything I throw her way she is open to trying (I'm still working on repelling off of a skyscraper though!).  When I mentioned the Warrior Dash, aka The Craziest Frickin' Day of Your Life, back in the spring she decided to start training.  She did an awesome job getting ready physically for the race, but more importantly,  I knew she'd be up for having a good time!  Three and a half miles and twelve obstacles is not a problem when you are cackling the whole time!

It didn't take much thought for our costumes.  It had to be The Tortoise and the Hare.  Kickin' it back to March 2010 when we were Team Tortoise and No Hair and shaved our heads for St.Baldrick's (one of the best events of my life, btw)! 

There were only 2 low-points about the Warrior Dash. 
#1 - We got an email the night before the race to say that their liquor license was denied and they wouldn't be serving beer.  While I wasn't planning to get plastered, I was counting on a few beers to get me through #2...
#2 - It was 50 degrees!!  And we were going to be wading through chest deep water (which for me meant swimming!)  Can you say B-R-R-R-R?

In the end though, we came, we saw, we scaled walls and jumped over fire, we dove into mud pits, and we planned our costumes for next year's race!  We had a blast!





Tortoise and No Hair
"Slow and steady wins the race" - we heard this a lot!

What we had to look forward to

Zombie fire jumping

Wet, muddy slippery cars

Trying to figure out how to get across without getting wet

Log rolling bunny

Wet tortoise

Fire jumping bunny

Lisa's fab mud pit jump

Lisa trying to recover from said fab mud pit jump

Our rinse station - the James River
My injury to show my true warriorness - a jammed finger
(possibly broken but since I'm a nurse I refuse to go get it x-ray'd!

No comments:

Post a Comment