Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Flying high!

Ever since I heard it mentioned over a year ago I knew that I had to do this:  Trapeze School!  Who could NOT want to do this?!  And it is right in my own backyard in DC... how did I get so lucky?!  I talked my adventure buddy, Lisa, into doing it with me.  We headed up early in case of traffic and had enough time to walk down on the Navy pier.  The class was 2 hours long.  I had figured they would teach us for an hour or so and then we'd get to fly a couple of times.  Nope... they talked for about 10 minutes and then we got going!  There were 10 students in the class and we all went 6-8 times.  It was a blast!  The initial jumping off the platform and then letting go of the bar to dangle by my knees was scary, but after that it was all adrenaline!  By the end of class I had done a flip dismount and was caught by one of the teachers.  Of course, we signed up for two more classes!

Relaxing before class

Lisa went first

I'm ready to go!

and... let go!

"I gotcha"

Lisa finally lets go!

No comments:

Post a Comment