Wednesday, January 12, 2011

To Thine Own Self Be True.

From the moment I heard the words "It's a girl" I have had a slightly gut wrenching angst about the fact that... it's a girl. Three to be exact. They are children now, but they are growing fast and soon there will be all of the drama that comes with being a girl. Yes, boys have it hard too - but I've been a girl my whole life ;-) and I know just how hard it can be. I also know that as my girls grow up I will tell them that "I know how hard it is to ... be this age ... like a boy ... fight with your friend ... have a monstorous zit." And I know that to them, I will sound like Charlie Brown's teacher "Wah, wa, wah, wa..." So I hope that maybe they will come upon something, a book, a poem, a blog, that is as inspirational as the following one and take something, anything, to heart from it. From the moment I heard those words I pray for my girls that they will grow to be healthy, happy, strong women. I pray that they will have all of the right influences in their lives to succeed in all the right ways.

To Thine Own Self Be True.

No comments:

Post a Comment