Sunday, June 12, 2011

Some days...

Some days, ok, lately, most days... they seem hard.  I have perspective.  I see it everyday at work and read it everyday on my friend's Caring Bridge page for her daughter.  I have a beautiful new home, 3 healthy children, and a husband who works tirelessly for our family.  I have no right to complain.  But I've been feeling whipped.  Whipped by the continuous laundry and animal hair on my floor, the endless boxes that need unpacked, an adorable but demanding 2 year old.  Whipped by the hobbies I want to indulge in, the healthy meals I should be making for my family, the memories that I should be building for my kids.  Whipped by all that I want my life to be even as I know that I have a great life and this is what I should truly be focusing on and not complaining. 

Sometimes perspective comes in hearing the words that I know are true, but yet they sound so much clearer coming from another source.  They are the things I would say to a friend if she wrote that first paragraph.  So even though they are coming from a complete stranger, I'm just going to believe that she's saying it just for me.  Like she did!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing that blog link...i needed to read that too. i've been having those "some days" moments lately too :) hang in there! i love reading your blog and you are most definitely enough, just as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! We are all in the motherhood thing together! And now we are not strangers :-)

    ReplyDelete