Wednesday, April 13, 2011

C-ville











Way back when I first met Brad, way out in California, he talked about Charlottesville. What a great town it was and how there was this cool little area called "The Downtown Mall". Who knew I'd be walking there one day with our youngest daughter! It's one of our favorite places to go... yummy places to eat, lots of fun stores to browse (and occasionally buy something!), outdoor vendors and street performers on most corners. It really doesn't matter who you are or where you came from, everyone fits in on the Downtown Mall. No one seems out of place. It epitomizes what I love about C-ville, the diversity!


Cadence and I headed down that way today. The weather was perfect and I had a coupon to use at one of my favorite stores. After a major score at Jean Theory, we headed to Marco and Luca's for a hot bun snack, then around the corner for a chai latte for me. Cadence loves to just run down there. She's not one to be contained or carried much, and it safe enough to give her room to roam a bit. She loves to look at her reflection in the store windows and dance when she hears music that moves her! The fabulous couch outside the artist co-op is full of intricate, fun pieces for her to point out. We ended the trip with a stop at the amazing Capellino's Cupcakes. I thought I'd restrain myself a bit so we opted for just an icing shot, sans cupcake (real restraint, huh?!) Then I saw the chocolate caramel cookies with sea salt! Y-U-M-M-Y!! I've been on a huge salted caramel kick, and this was beyond delicious! All in all, it was a very good day with my little girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment