Friday, November 5, 2010

Home from the hospital







We got home from the hospital yesterday and Cadence is doing well. She hates her "armies" (I don't call them no-no's with her because I don't want her to associate them with doing something wrong) but usually tolerates me putting them on when we need to. She never seems to be in "pain", just seems "off" a lot of the time - not her usual silly, happy self. Eating has become a struggle but it's hard to tell if it's because she's hurting or a small power struggle. I've found that if I distract her (give her some toys on her tray) while trying to feed her it goes more smoothly. I'm breaking two big meal rules : no toys at the table and no eating when you're distracted (ie. eating in front of the TV). But I'm breaking lots of rules right now, just to get us through the day - and night for that matter! Cadence is not doing well being unable to suck on her thumb/blanket to soothe herself to sleep. She was awake every 30-45 minutes last night until I finally brought her into bed with me where she slept for 5 hours. Since I am such a light sleeper I've never been able to have any of the kids in our bed at night! We may have some "re-training" to do after this is all said and done, but we do what we have to do for now.
Pics include the going home fashion, right after surgery, and Cadence after she got versed!

1 comment:

  1. Cadence looks great! Glad she did well, and I hope recovery is a fast one. The eating issue is a bear I bet. Keaton is now Mr. Independent and will no longer allow us to feed him very often after learning to do it himself at day care. Prayers continue for her recovery and her next surgery plans to go as smoothly.( i could not see this post for a few days for some reason and could not wait to see the update)

    ReplyDelete