Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Waiting...

So we wait! However, I did receive an email response from the U.S. consulate in Guangzhou stating that they have received our paperwork and will be issuing our Article 5 on July 26th. This is a document from the U.S. government telling China that they can issue us a travel approval (TA). Once this is issued our agency's staff will send it to Beijing and we will be "on the TA boat"! TA is what we need to make our reservations to go to China. Most TA's take about 2-3 weeks, although I've seen some families wait up to 5 weeks. Once we get TA we will probably travel in about 2 weeks. So... if everything goes as quickly as possible we would probably travel to China the week of August 23rd! Wow!! That is just around the corner!

Cadence's bedroom looks more like a nursery instead of a catch all room. I am having a swap next week to try and get rid of some of the stuff that I cleared out of that room. What friends don't take I'll be donating. I've put the baby clothes in the dresser that I have, ranging in sizes from 6-18 months. I've bought a few random items to take to China- bottles, bibs, Gerber treats, baby toys. I'm continuously reviewing and revising our travel list. Trying VERY hard to not over pack (or at least plan to over pack)! I got my Hep A shot yesterday (ouch!) and prescriptions for myself.

Brad and I have decided that Laurel won't be traveling with us. She would have a such hard time adjusting to the travel, time change, food, etc. Laurel has stated many times that she doesn't think it would be a good idea for her to go! I think she'll have fun with sleepovers with grandparents and friends. As for Sierra, we hope she can go with us but we won't know until we go to make our airline reservations and see the actual cost. She would get a lot out of the trip (she studied China all last year in school) and I think she could roll with the punches pretty well. I got practice chopsticks for both of the girls that they have had lots of fun with this week. They were challenged to eat all of their corn with their chopsticks and they actually did it!! Now that's perseverance!

No comments:

Post a Comment