Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Seeing intentions


Back in January I wrote about my intention for the new year.  I hoped to be more aware of those little moments that might pass you by if you don't pay attention.  One of the things that I enjoy on Facebook and Pinterest are the sayings that people post.  Often these are messages that we already know, but seeing them in black and white can create an "ah-ha" moment.  They feel profound for a bit, I think to myself that I want to fit them into my daily life, but usually by the next day they are gone.  ((In my defense, I chalk some of this up to the Iceberg Effect.  The iceberg (my brain) is only so big.  Only a certain number of penguins (information) can fit on it. As time goes on there simply isn't room for more penguins.  So when more penguins need to get on the iceberg, others get pushed off.  Bigger penguins (ex: where my kids are at the moment) weed out the little penguins (ex: kitschy sayings that I like).  Survival of the fittest.  I find this happening at an alarmingly fast rate as I get older!))  Anyway, I saw this the other day and had one of those moments: 

Sometimes what bugs me about another person is more indicative of my own insecurity rather than their inadequacy.

It wasn't completely gone the next day, but not nearly as poignant.  But then I see the same message here. I'm getting the feeling that this is something that I'm supposed to be paying attention to.  What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment