Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'm the proud parent of a bluebird and a bat!

Sierra and Laurel had a wonderful opportunity this summer.  Missoula Children's Theatre came to town and they were lucky enough to be a production of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs".  The two producers from the traveling theatre were amazing!  Casting the kids (65 of them), keeping their attention and keeping them occupied throughout the week long rehearsals, and then putting on two productions of a hilarious adaptation to the story... I have no idea how they did it!  But it was awesome!  I knew that Sierra would have fun and be outgoing on stage, but Laurel was a wild card.  She can ham it up when she wants, but if she's not in the mood, she won't put on a show for any amount of bribery.  In the end though, Laurel brought it!  She was the most animated, not to mention cutest, bat there was - if I do say so myself!

I always longed to be on stage (I'm sure those who know me are shocked at this!).  When I was 9 years old made it to the final round of try-outs to be a munchkin in "Wizard of Oz" and then didn't get a role. Seriously?!  I was the shortest kid there for cryin' out loud!  Anyway, my acting spirit was crushed and I never tried again.  Brad thinks this was my attempt to live vicariously though them.  Maybe!  But I think that having the confidence to get up on a stage in front of a crowd full of people can go a long way in life.  And confidence is definitely one of the top traits that I hope my girls will have.



Sierra is the bluebird on the far left

Laurel is 2nd from the right... it's blurry but her animation is ADORABLE!

They were excited and happy after the first performance

Probably the only time you'll see a bluebird giving a bat a noogie!

No comments:

Post a Comment