Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 25th, 2010

CCAI acknowledged that they have received the paperwork that I had sent in yesterday. They were translating it and sending it off to China. We should receive our pre-approval (PA) in a
'few days to few weeks'. Until then, we could share our news and pictures of Feng Ye with our family and close friends, but couldn't tell the world our news. Until China acknowledges (with our PA) that we are planning to adopt her we had to kind of keep it on the down low. Any of you who have known me through my last 2 pregnancies know that this would not be easy for me! I am not a good secret keeper when it comes to good news. When I told a co-worker that I was pregnant with Sierra and she asked how far along I was I said "Oh, 4.5 weeks!" She said "Stacy, you've barely rolled over"!! We have to wait until we receive our PA to tell it on Facebook or any yahoo group, etc. Hmmm... this could be a long wait for me!

Despite still feeling a little nervous about the permanency of this, we have told Sierra and Laurel. They had previously seen pictures of a child with a cleft lip, so they weren't too shocked to see Feng Ye's picture. Sierra said "She's so cute!". They are both excited, but a little reserved too. We've been talking about it for so long it barely seems real to me either!

No comments:

Post a Comment